Are you tired or energized?
New Skills and Ideas
Relaxation and Renewal
Why, oh why is the word “decision” on both lists? 🤷🏻♀️
In the first acronym, “decision” is listed as a process. Decision – the action or process of deciding something.
In the second, “decision” is listed as a completed action. Decision – a conclusion or resolution reached after consideration.
The process of making a decision often sucks. 🤦🏽♀️
It can be exhausting. And in the case of unpleasant decisions (or decisions limited by resources), the process seems like it’s never-ending.
-Clean up the dog poop or the overturned garbage can?
-In-home care or assisted living?
-Get another job or cancel the cable?
-Replace the septic or put the honey-dipper on speed dial.
Hmmm, a choice between multiple crappy things? Awesome. 😐 💩
If you are lucky enough to have a gaggle of fabulous choices in front of you, that is WAY better.
-Mercedes, Tesla, or something different yet equally sweet?
-Chocolate, marshmallows, or another yummy confection?
-Public, private, or home-school?
-Art, music, or surfing?
Choosing between an infinite supply of awesome can still be tiring because deciding when all the options are great is hard. But, it is so much more fun!
Strangely, it is “not making a decision” that seems to be the most exhausting.
Indecision is the real buzz-kill. It’s like running an internal marathon that keeps moving the finish line farther away. Its groundhog day—a cycle of redundancy—purposelessness.
The simple act of making a quick decision and acting upon it is energizing. Even if you are choosing to clean up dog poop.
So, what do you do when you are trapped in T.I.R.E.D.?
- Drink a Fizz Stick. 💪🏼 Eventually, you will ask yourself why the heck you took so long to listen to me about that— life-changing.
- Make a stinkin’ decision and haul ass on execution. 🏃🏻♀️ The faster you step into action, the sooner you will feel that energy bubbling inside of you.
- Create a reality in which you have more positive choices. 🎁💐💝Don’t be a “settling Suzie.” If you don’t like the options you have laid out in front of you, change your circumstances by stepping outside your comfort zone. Stretch for more. You do NOT have to accept things as they are unless you don’t plan on taking any action to change.
- Take absurdly good care of yourself. 🧖🏼♀️ It’s easier to believe you are worthy of having many excellent choices when you are consistent about treating yourself like a Queen. And, when you feel good, you are far more likely to take action, and action is what creates choices when you get down to it.
- Learn something new. 📚 The fastest way to shake things up for the better is to learn a new skill and immediately implement it.
- Express gratitude every chance you get. 🙏🏼 Be that weirdo that asks for the manager or sends a thank you note/email when things go well, instead of when things go poorly. You’ll be surprised at how energizing that can be.
- Rest, both active and passive, is a necessity for survival. 🛌 Don’t be a hero. Get some.
Message me with some ways that you overcome burn-out and energize yourself.
I am always looking for ideas, and I am happy to share what I find with you as well. 📝